You must engage yourself in an astute persuasive essay topic selection if you are interested in achieving a good persuasive essay. It is paramount to have a critical audience analysis before choosing your persuasive essay topic as this will painlessly help you understand the most appropriate persuasive essay topic to your audience. Nobody ever said that choosing a persuasive essay topic… was easy. Nevertheless, argumentativeessay-topics.com is here to give you tactical support in choosing your persuasive essay topics.
Features of a Good Argumentative Essay
- A good argumentative essay must not be coercive or criticizing the other options. On the other hand, it is must acknowledge the other points but make sure that yours holds more water.
- Your essay must be based on facts, narrow and providing room for debate.
- In this type of essay writing, it is paramount to understand the difference between truths and facts. While the former cannot be proved scientifically and is a belief held by many, the latter can be proved scientifically. When writing a persuasive essay, you must base your essay on facts instead of truths.
Argumentative Essay Topics Examples
Almost all people like practicing in arguments, persuading their points of view and searching benefits or weaknesses of some statements. Argumentative essay topics have a purpose to form an opinion about a question, choose the position for it or against and prove it.
Choosing the argumentative essay topics, you should convince the reader to take your side, not opposite. It depends on how successful you’ll be in your arguments, what is your target audience and how these people are ready to listen to your evidence and your arguments. Also, you can analyze the situation and conditions while presenting your argumentative essay. There are so many factors that can influence your success and good impression, so you have to think over all of them and first of all – your argumentative essay topic.
The process of building a good relationship between writer and reader starts from the smallest but important thing – the topic. Correct and adequate chosen topic for your essay can bring you 50% of supporters and the opportunity to refute the counter-arguments. The following is a list of argumentative essay topics in diverse fields that you can choose from;
- Are there benefits to attending a single-sex school?
- Freshmen should not be required to purchase a meal plan from the college.
- Athletes should be exempted from class-attendance policies.
- Is there something like the positive peer pressure?
- The idea of going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. Do you agree or disagree?
- Any student caught cheating in exams should be jailed for ten years.
- Is homework harmful or helpful?
- Essays are not an accurate reflection of a student’s ability.
- Should creationism be taught in public schools?
- Ten reasons why it is a bad education at home?
- What is the relationship between illegal immigration and crime?
- Anyone with a criminal record should be allowed to carry a weapon.
- National security is an excuse for war.
- What are two sides of the death penalty? Is it a cruel murderer or a just punishment? Can it be a deterrent to crime?
- Gun control is an important part of controlling violence in our society.
- Should we do more to deal with the problem of domestic violence, or is the problem exaggerated?
- Domestic terrorism is more of a problem than terrorism from people in other countries.
- The war on terror has contributed to the growing abuse of human rights.
- Convicted prisoners have a better life in prison than out.
- Race discrimination and its negative effects?
- Adult-dating sites are exploitive, why?
- Are beauty pageants exploitive?
- Without romantic love, there is no marriage.
- People who contribute to Social Security should have the right to choose how their money is invested.
- Children of alcoholics are more prone to have problems with alcohol and drug abuse.
- The role and the future of social networking sites.
- Video games can help people solve real-world problems.
- How should couples cope with infidelity?
- While the feminist movement certainly opened up the jobs and opportunities available to women, it ultimately harmed women, children, and the family because it devalued motherhood.
- 10 reasons why deforestation occurs.
- Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy. The benefits of nuclear technology far overweigh the disadvantages. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer.
- Safety standards are important when building people’s homes. Who should be responsible for enforcing strict building codes – the government or the people who build the homes?
- GMOs are very good for health and should be used throughout the world indiscriminately.
- File-sharing programs on the Internet should/ not be banned.
- People who download from file sharing websites should be prosecuted.
- Should we integrate Marketing into E-Marketing?
- Genetic Research: Bettering the lives of humanity or destroying it?
- Will modern technology such as the internet ever replace the book or the written word as the main source of information?
- Are vampires real or only in the characters of the novel?
- The music industry needs to get with the times.
- Overseas adoption of children.
- Dieting does more harm than good.
- Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
- Dieting makes you fat.
- What are the effects of music on the mind and the brain?
- Describe the fashion styles of the 70s / 80s / 90s.
- Can one be against the euthanasia of a pet?